Antonov An-14 Pcheika
The Antonov-designed An-14A Ptchelka (Bee), first flown on March 15, 1958, entered service with Aeroflot as a successor to the An-2 biplane, after five and a half years of flight testing and modification. Production began both for Aeroflot and the Soviet armed forces at the Progress Plant at Arsenyev in 1965 and by the mid-1970s well over 300 aircraft had been delivered. The military version, first seen at the Domodedovo air display in 1967, appeared not to differ from the civilian passenger version externally.
The An-14A featured an increase in wing span and the introduction of 300 hp AI-14RF engines
The An-14 was a light transport used for agricultural and air ambulance duties which eventually evolved into the 19-seat An-28, and was produced by PZL Mielec in Poland until at least 1991. It entered service with only one division of Aeroflot, in Khazakistan.
Carrying the NATO reporting name Clod, An-14 were also in service with the air forces of Bulgaria, the German Democratic Republic and Guinea.
The An-14 was withdrawn from LSK service in 1981.
Engine: 2 x AI-14RF, 220 kW
Wingspan: 21.4 m / 70 ft 3 in
Length: 11.0 m / 36 ft 1 in
Height: 4.2 m / 13 ft 9 in
Wing area: 43.5 sq.m / 468.23 sq ft
Take-off weight: 4410 kg / 9722 lb
Empty weight: 2310 kg / 5093 lb
Payload: 1,323-lb (600-kg)
Max. speed: 350 km/h / 217 mph
Cruise speed: 106-112 mph (170.5-180 km/h)
Ceiling: 5000 m / 16400 ft
Range: 1550 km / 963 miles
Range w/max.fuel: 780 km / 485 miles
Range 1,235-lb (560-kg) payload, 1 hr res: 453 mls (730 km).
Range w/max.payload: 300 km / 186 miles
ROC: 1,020 fpm (5.18 m/sec)
SE ROC: 300 ft/min (1.5 m/sec)
Take-off dis-tance: 295 ft (90 m) fully loaded
Landing distance: 361 ft (110 m).