Aircraft Manufacturing Company Ltd / Airco DH 6
DH6s began to be phased out of the RFC in late 1917 with the arrival of the Avro 504 as the standard British trainer, but about 200 were put into service in early 1918 with 34 flights of the RNAS (five operated by the US Navy) on antisubmarine coastal patrol. Flown as single-seaters, they could carry a 45.5-kg (100-lb) bombload.
The RAF possessed 1050 of the type in October 1918, and more than 50 were put on to the civil register after the Armistice.
Airco DH.6 of the Royal Flying Corps
Blackburn Alula D.H.6
Engine: 90‑hp RAF la
Wingspan: 10.95 m / 35 ft 11 in
Length: 8.32 m / 27 ft 3.5 in
Height: 3.2 m / 10 ft 9.5 in
Empty weight: 662 kg / 1460 lb
Gross weight: 919 kg / 2026 lb
Maximum speed: 106 km/h / 66 mph
Endurance: 2 hr 30 min
Armament: 1 x .303 Vickers mg (rear cockpit)