Helicopter Engineering Research Corp
The Helicopter Engineering Research Corp was formed in 1947 by D.K. Jovanovich and F.J. Kozloski who were former employees of the Piasecki Helicopter Corp. Their first design, the two-seat tandem rotor Jov-3, flew in 1947. The company was renamed J.O.V. Helicopters in 1948. The design rights were sold to McCulloch Motors in the same year for their new Helicopter Division, with Jovanovich as Chief Engineer.
The Aircraft Division of McCulloch Motors Corporation developed a slightly larger model, the MC-4C. Jovair Corporation was formed some years later and took the design a stage further, resulting in the Sedan 4E (certificated 1963), of which limited production began in 1965. In June 1962 Jovair flew the prototype J-2 two-seat light autogyro; both programs were taken over 1969-1970 by McCulloch Aircraft Corporation.
Jovanovich and Kozloski left McCulloch when the Airplane Division was closed, and formed Jovair Corp in 1957 to continue their work on helicopters.