IVL / Industria Valtion Lentokonetehdas
IVL was founded in 1921 at Sveaborg, near Helsinki, to manufacture aircraft for the Finnish Air Force. The first production was the A-22 seaplane, a license-built version of the Hansa-Brandenburg W.33. A neat biplane reconnaissance/ bombing aircraft, the Korka, was in production in the mid-1920s. Only one nationally-designed combat aircraft saw service in Second World War, the Myrsky single-seat monoplane fighter.