Main Menu

Hopfner

 

Austria
This was the first Austrian company to manufacture an airplane after the First World War; the Hopfner S.1 three seat monoplane. A developed version with Gipsy Major engine was designated HS-1033. Hopfner also produced the HA-1133 four-seat twin-engined amphibian before being taken over in 1935 by Hirtenberger Patronen, Zundhutchen und Metallwarenfabrik AG.

 

The company, the founder of which was the engineer Theodor Hopfner, specialized in performing charter flights from the Aspern airfield near Vienna. Most of the aircraft the company designed and built for its own needs.

 

 

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.