Main Menu

H.M. Balloon Factory No.9

When His Majesty’s Airship No. 9 (HMA No.9) was delivered in the closing months of 1916 it was almost obsolete as a result of the lengthy political vicissitudes that had bedevilled its production. It served a useful purpose, however, it had become the basic pattern on which the four rigid airships for the Admiralty were later to be based. The first of these ‘23’ class airships, HMA No. 23, was subsequently delivered from Vickers Limited, Barrow-in-Furness, to Pulham on 15 September 1917.
 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.