Continuing the line of two-seat patrol fighter monoplanes initiated with the W.29, the W.34 was the final WWI development of the series of float seaplanes designed for the Hansa-und Brandenburgische Flugzeug-Werke by Ernst Heinkel and Hans Klemm. Essentially a scaled-up W.33 intended for the 300hp Basse und Selve BuS IVa six-cylinder water-cooled engine, only one prototype of the W.34 had been completed by the end of the War. Additional examples powered by the 300hp Fiat A 12bis engine were built after the termination of hostilities.
Max take-off weight: 2270 kg / 5005 lb
Empty weight: 1534 kg / 3382 lb
Wingspan: 16.60 m / 54 ft 6 in
Length: 11.10 m / 36 ft 5 in
Wing area: 49.0 sq.m / 527.43 sq ft
Max. speed: 175 km/h / 109 mph