Main Menu

Goodyear TC-13


In the period 1925 to 1937, Goodyear not only became the sole supplier of airships in production quantities to the Navy, but also built 14 non-rigid airships and one semi-rigid airship for the U.S. Army. However, from June 30. 1937, the Army ceased all airship operations and handed over their remaining ships to the Navy, including the Goodyear-built TC-13 of 360,000 cu.ft., built in 1933. Thus, from the summer of 1937 onwards, the U.S. Navy became the only military force in the world to employ dirigibles on an operational scale, although even these operations were severely limited by the small number of airships in commission.

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.