Main Menu

Goodyear GA-2 Duck
 
Good-GA2-1
Goodyear GA-2 Duck NC5500M   
 
The Goodyear Aircraft Corporation began to design a small light amphibian before the end of the Second World War. The prototype designated GA-1 first flew in September 1944. It was a cantilever high-wing monoplane with underwing stabilizing floats. The GA-1 had an all-metal fabric-covered wing, an all-metal single-step hull, and a cruciform tail unit. It had a retractable tail-wheel, accommodation for two, and a pylon-mounted piston engine with a pusher propeller.
 
Good-GA2-3
Goodyear GA-2 Duck
 
After successful testing of the prototype, 18 demonstration aircraft were built. These differed from the prototype in that they had room for the pilot and two passengers. Two versions were built, the GA-2 with a 145 hp (108 kW) Franklin 6A4-145-A3 piston engine, and the GA-2B with a 165 hp (123 kW) Franklin 6A4-165-B3 flat-six piston engine.
 
Sixteen GA-2 Duck were built, some later modified as GA-2Bs. Six GA-2B Duck were modified from GA-2s in 1949. The GA-2B had improvements over the GA-2, not the least insignificant of which was the fitting of the patented Goodyear Cross-Wind Landing Gear.   
 
Good-GA2B-2
Goodyear GA-2B Duck NC5504M
 
GA-2B
Engine: 1 × Franklin 6A4-163-B3, 165 hp (123 kW)
Length: 26 ft 0 in (7.92 m)
Wingspan: 36 ft 0 in (10.97 m)
Height: 9 ft 6 (on wheels) in (2.90 (on wheels) m)
Wing area: 178.20 ft2 (16.55 m2)
Empty weight: 1600 lb (726 kg)
Gross weight: 2300 lb (1043 kg)
Maximum speed: 125 mph (201 km/h)
Range: 300 miles (483 km)
Service ceiling: 15,000 ft (4570 m)
Crew: One
Capacity: Two passengers
 
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.