Gallaudet Airplane Corp
1908: (Edson) Gallaudet Engr Co Inc, Norwich CT., USA
One of the most unusual designs in the Navy inventory was the Gallaudet D-series, produced by the Gallaudet Engineering Company, Norwich, Conn. A twin-engine biplane seaplane built for U.S. Navy featured a four-bladed pusher propeller which revolved around the fuselage behind the wings. Following delivery of the D-1 in January 1917, the firm reorganized as Gallaudet Aircraft Corporation, and moved to Greenwich, Rhode Island. Later built 5-seat biplane tourer, the Liberty Tourist, and rebuilt 25 DH-4s for U.S. Army. Company dissolved 1923 and factory acquired by Consolidated Aircraft Corporation.