Main Menu

Friedrichschafen N.1

Friedrichshafen's only other large bomber design was the N.1, a mammoth single-engined biplane which was built in 1917. Virtually a scaled-up two-seater, the N.1 employed markedly sweptback wings and a composite undercarriage. The sole power came from a 260-hp Mercedes D IVa engine in the nose, resulting in the pilot's cockpit being located almost halfway back along the narrow fuselage, with a consequent hopeless forward view for landing and takeoff.
 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.