The final version of the Friedrichshafen's G bombers was the G.IV of 1918, which was basically similar to the G.IIIa but had a slightly shorter wing span, a modified and rounded fuselage nose and D.IVa engines mounted in tractor configuration.
The front gunner's cockpit was dispensed with, leaving the main fuselage snub-nosed, and compound tail surfaces, as in the G.IIIa, were employed. One or two examples may have seen limited operational trials, but this is unconfirmed.
Engines: 2 x 260-hp Mercedes D IVa.
Span: 22.6 m (74 ft 1.5 in).
Length: 12 m (39 ft 4.5 in).
Endurance: 5 hrs.
Armament: Bombload up to 1496 kg (3300 lb); 1 Parabellum machine-gun in rear.