Established in 1934 by G. N. Wickner, V. Foster and J. F. Lusty, initially at the latter's furniture factory at Bromleyby-Bow, London. Mr. Wickner's earlier designs, built in Australia, included Wicko Sports Monoplane and Wicko Lion, both high-wing monoplanes on which the prototype Wicko F.W.1 was based. Of wooden construction, the F.W.1 was powered by a Ford V-8 engine, and became F.W.2 with Cirrus Minor and F.W.3 with Cirrus Major. Nine production aircraft built 1938-1939 at Southampton were designated G.M.1 with Gipsy Major engine.
The company ceased production at the outbreak of war.