Fokker Aircraft Corporation of America F.X / C-5 / RA-4
The F.X and its variants were developed and built in the Factory at Hasbrouck Heights under the guidance of the chief designer, Mr Alfred Gassner. In April 1927 the first F.X made its debut. Western Air was first to buy, with an order for three of these 12-seat airliners.
The Fokker F.XA was a bigger version of the 12-seater F.X airliner. It had seats for 14 passengers and was used on American routes. Pan American Airways flew F.XAs between Key West and Havana, Cuba, a route which included 100 miles over the sea.
The US Army used ob-tained one as the C-5 in 1927 and one flew with the USMC as the RA-4, also in 1927.