The T.IV, a large torpedo -bomber/scout on floats, was produced for the Naval Air Service in 1927.
From 1927 to 1941 12 T-IVs were in service with the Naval Air Service at home and in the Netherlands East Indies. Portugal also acquired three of these aircraft.
The T.IVA differed mainly in powerplant, having Wright Cyclone SR-1820-F2 radial engines in place of the T.IV's 336kW Lorraine-Dietrich W-type engines. The more-powerful units required a strengthened airframe; at the same time an enclosed cockpit, as well as bow, dorsal and ventral gun positions, were installed. Twelve of these new aircraft were ordered for the Netherlands East Indies naval air force, and in 1936 the surviving T.IVs were brought up to T.IVA standard.
Coastal and sea reconnaissance operations in the Netherlands East Indies were still being flown when the Japanese invasion began in 1942, and the T.IVA was also used for air-sea rescue work, proving to be reliable and seaworthy.
Engines: 2 x Wright Cyclone SR-182.0-F2 radial, 559kW
Max take-off weight: 7200 kg / 15873 lb
Empty weight: 4665 kg / 10285 lb
Wingspan: 26.20 m / 85 ft 11 in
Length: 17.60 m / 57 ft 9 in
Height: 6.00 m / 19 ft 8 in
Wing area: 97.80 sq.m / 1052.71 sq ft
Max. speed: 260 km/h / 162 mph
Cruise speed: 215 km/h / 134 mph
Ceiling: 5900 m / 19350 ft
Range: 1560 km / 969 miles
Armament: 3 x 7.9mm machine-guns, 800kg of bombs