FFA / Flug- und Fahrzeugwerke AG
Founded 1948, the reorganized Swiss Domier-Werke Alntenrhein, Flug- und Fahrzeugwerke AG discontinued development of Morane-Saulnier piston-engined fighters after completing prototype D-3803. Awarded development contract July 1952 for P-16.04 interceptor/ground-attack aircraft with Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire, first flown April 25,1955. Program canceled by Swiss Government but continued as private venture until June 1960; five aircraft built. Participated in license-production programs for de Havilland Vampire and Venom, Pilatus P-3, Mirage IIIRS, and HIS. Designed and manufactured Diamant glassfiber sailplane. Currently named FFA Flugzeugwerke Altenrhein AG., continues to produce (under original agreement with SIAI-Marchetti signed in 1967) the AS-202 Bravo two-seat trainer/aerobatic aircraft (first flown 1969). FFA-2000 programme was transferred to FFT.