Farner AG Flugzeugbau
W.Farner (on right)
Willy Farner (1905-1978), aka Willi Farner or 'Willy Farner de Granges', based at Granges airfield in the Swiss canton of Fribourg, began as an amateur glider constructor. In 1933 (or 1934, sources vary), he formed Willi Farner Flugzeugbau Grenchen (later known simply as Farner-Werke AG). The number of employees was only ten, but it expanded and employed about 100 skilled men.
Farner AG. was an overhaul and repair organization which produced a two-seat biplane in 1934, and in 1935 a four-seat WF.21/C4 monoplane based on the three-seat Compte AC-4 Gentleman.
From 1934 on, Willi Farner Flugzeugbau Grenchen, produced spare parts for the Swiss military and presumably also for the German military, since Willi Farner Flugzeugbau Grenchen was put on a British 'ban' list, and for various makes of gliders.
Prototype WF.12 two-seater built 1943, powered by Cirrus Minor located behind cabin and driving via shafts a tractor propeller mounted at wing level.
In 1946, merged in 1946 with Moutier-based Motorenbau Farner SA (formed in 1942 with German capital).