After the armistice, Dornier built a six-passenger flying boat, the GsI, with the inher-ently stable broad-beam hull and sponsons that characterized his later boats. First flown in July 1919 the GsI went to Switzerland for test flights, it returned to Fredrichshafen on the 10/12/1919. From there it went on a sales tour to the Netherlands on the 3rd March 1920. The craft was a success, but after a demonstration in the Netherlands, the Allies demanded its destruction because the Control Commission had forbidden that category of aircraft. The GsI was scuttled at Kiel-Holtenaeu on the 25 th April 1920 to prevent it falling into the hands of the Allied Inspection Commission.