Main Menu

Dewoitine D.26

 

dewoitined26


The Dewoitine D 27 was designed in Switzerland and built there by the EKW state aircraft factory at Thun. It first flew in 1929, with an SLM-Saurer-built Hispano-Suiza 12 Mc engine of 600 hp, and a total of 85 were built at Thun between 1929-33. Sixty-six of these were delivered from 1930 to the Swiss Fliegertruppe, which also received 11 examples of the D 26, a version fitted with a 250-hp Wright Cyclone radial engine.
Most of the D 26s were used as advanced trainers, but after World War II a number survived doing duty as tugs for sailplanes.

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.