The D 25 tandem two-seat day and night fighter was developed in response to the 1925 C2 (two-seat fighter) programme. Based on the single-seat D 21, but with local reinforcement of the aft fuselage to permit installation of an open turret for a gunner. The D 25 was powered by a 450hp Lorraine-Dietrich 12Eb water-cooled W-type engine, the D 25 entered flight test in 1926, but the C2 programme for which it was intended was abandoned and the type was offered for export.
Four were ordered by Argentina in 1928, and these, fitted with an armament of two 7.9mm synchronised Madsen guns and two similar weapons on a ring mount in the rear cockpit, were built under subcontract by the Hanriot company (which also built the last 10 D 21 single-seaters for Turkey).
Engine: 450hp Lorraine-Dietrich 12Eb
Take-off weight: 1750 kg / 3858 lb
Empty weight: 1182 kg / 2606 lb
Wingspan: 12.80 m / 41 ft 12 in
Length: 7.64 m / 25 ft 1 in
Height: 3.00 m / 9 ft 10 in
Wing area: 24.80 sq.m / 266.94 sq ft
Max. speed: 222 km/h / 138 mph