De Havilland DH 16
On September 2, 1919, Handley Page Transport Ltd, operating from Cricklewood, began flights between London and Paris, and to Brussels and Amsterdam.
Handley Page used converted O/400 bombers on the London-Paris, London-Brussels routes, and converted de Havilland 9s on th London-Amsterdam. The converted DH9s were designated DH.16s. The fuselage of the aircraft was rebuilt as a cabin with room for four passengers.
Total D.H.16 production was nine aircraft, all but one being used by AT&T. The sole exception was sold to a customer in Buenos Aires, where it operated a service to Montevideo. The first six D.H.16s were powered by the 239kW Rolls-Royce Eagle engines, the last three having Napier Lions.
AT&T closed in December 1920 and its seven remaining D.H.16s (one had been lost in a crash) were stored. Five were broken up in 1922 and two sold for newspaper delivery flights; one of these was lost in a fatal crash in 1923, and the remaining aircraft was subsequently withdrawn and scrapped.