Last Culver design started life on paper in 1942. This was the Model V (for Victory) which borrowed from the LCA and the LAR but differed quite considerably in fuselage layout, first flown September 1945. A Simpli-Fly control system was fitted to make flying as easy as driving a car, but the aircraft was overweight and the control system prone to failure. It failed to compete in the post-war market and only 378 were built before Culver went bankrupt.
Wings were similar in planform to earlier models, but had extra dihedral added to the outer wings. Power was provided by an 85hp Continental C-85-12 which gave a maximum speed of 135mph, a climb rate of 660 ft/min, a service ceiling of 13100 ft and a range of 625 miles. The fuselage had a forward opening canopy and the cockpit was level with the leading edge of the wing, giving the characteristic Y look.
Final model, the V-2, was designed to overcome some of the failings of the V. This grossed 1680 lbs, compared with 1600 lbs for the V, and performance was slightly down. Structurally, the V differed from earlier models in having a wing of semi-monocoque structure, covered in plastic-bonded plywood. Manually operated flaps were fitted, larger on the V than the V-2.
Four were built as drones designated XPQ-15.
The Culver V was put back into production briefly, in 1956 by the Superior Aircraft Co, and a further six aircraft built, powered by the 95hp Continental, but that was the end of the line. In 1987, of the 380-odd built, some thirty remain on the register.