Main Menu

Colonial Aircraft Corp

 

Founded as a side venture in 1945 by David B. Thurston, an aeronautical engineer at Grumman, and Herbert P. Lindbad (working at Republic). Colonial built its first aircraft at Long Island, New York, during 1947 and 1948, and after receiving the aircraft’s Type Certificate in 1955, the company moved to a new manufacturing facility in Sanford, Maine.

After Colonial was acquired by Lake Aircraft Corp in 1959, with John F. Strayer as the new President, Thurston left the company while Lindbad stayed on.

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.