Cockatoo Dockyard & Engineering Co Ltd
Cockatoo Dockyard & Engineering Co Ltd. opened an experimental aviation department in the early 1930s, under the guidance of Wg. Cdr. L. J. Wackett, formerly in the RAAF. In 1933 designed and built a twin-engined monoplane, the Codock, for Sir Charles Kingsford-Smith, who had made the first Pacific air crossing in 1928. A six-seat monoplane of the cantilever-wing Fokker type, it was powered by two 165 hp Napier Javelin engines.