Cairns Development Co / Cairns Aircraft Corp.
Started in late 1928 as the Cairns Development Company; was taken over by Cairns Aircraft Corporation in August 1929. Began to develop advanced-design all-metal low-wing monoplane. First product was the Model A, first flown April 1930; second design evaluated by the U.S. government but most of the 1930s dedicated to development work. Model A built for a new Cairns-designed engine, and in 1938 Models B and C.