Sailplane Corporation of America BG-6
Designed by William G. Briegleb, the BG-6 was introduced in 1939 and produced in both complete and kit form. The structure was 2-Strut-braced, 2-spar, constant chord, wood/fabric wings, and metal/fabric tail; steel-tube/fabric fuselage.
It has no devices for glidepath control. A few factory-built ships were used as training gliders in World Was II.
The BG 6 being type certificated in 1941.
Mr Briegleb's firm re-introduced construction of the BG 6 and BG 7 as a plans-only service to homebuilders, and by the beginning of 1978 59 sets of BG 6 plans and 29 sets of the BG 7 had been sold.
Wing span: 9.86m / 32.35ft
Wing area: 10.91sq.m / 117.5sq.ft
Empty Weight: 107kg / 235lb
Payload: 86kg / 190lb
Gross Weight: 193kg / 425lb
Wing Load: 17.69kg/sq.m / 3.63lb/sq.ft
L/DMax: 16.5 64 kph/ 35 k/ 40 mph
MinSink: 0.91 m/s / 3.0 fps / 1.78 kt
Aspect ratio: 8.9
Airfoil: NACA 4412
No. of Seats: 1
No. Built: 76