This company was founded on May 1,1956 by Ludwig Bolkow, becoming established at Ottobrunn bei Munchen in 1958. Until January 1,1965 was known as Bolkow Entwicklungen KG. Boeing acquired a one-third interest in the business. Bolkow held a 25% interest in Entwicklungsring Sud EWR). Aircraft produced include the Bo 207 four-seat light aircraft, BO 208 C Junior (a license-built version of the Malmo MFI-9) and the BO 105 five-seat light helicopter, which featured a rigid main rotor of glassfiber-reinforced plastics. This helicopter continued in production under the designation MBB BO 105, signifying that it was then built by Messerschmitt-Bolkow-Blohm, and most recently it became a Eurocopter product.
Messerschmitt joined with Bolkow in 1970 to form Messerschmitt-Bolkow.
The Bolkow company was absorbed into Messerschmitt-Bolkow-Blohm which by 1990 was part of Deutsche Aerospace.