The prototype MC.94 commercial amphibian flew for the first time in 1935 powered by two 574kW Wright SGR-1820-F air-cooled radial engines, and fitted with retractable wheels which swung forward into streamlined casings in the leading edges of the wings. The two pilots had a fully enclosed cockpit, and up to 12 passengers a main cabin equipped with a toilet to the rear, baggage in an aft compartment and marine gear in a nose compartment.
The first five production MC.94 (without the retractable wheels of the prototype) were similarly powered. The only other production aircraft were six similar flying-boats with 596kW Alfa Romeo 126 RC.10 engines. All MC.94 served initially with Ala Littoria.
Engine: 2 x Alfa Romeo 126-R.C.10, 550kW
Take-Off Weight: 8200 kg / 18078 lb
Empty Weight: 5350 kg / 11795 lb
Wingspan: 22.8 m / 74 ft 10 in
Length: 16.2 m / 53 ft 2 in
Wing Area: 76.0 sq.m / 818.06 sq ft
Max. Speed: 292 km/h / 181 mph
Cruise Speed: 250 km/h / 155 mph
Ceiling: 6000 m / 19700 ft