Pervoye Rossiiskoye Tovarishchestvo Vozdukhoplavaniya S.S. Shchetinin
In 1909 the first Russian aeronautical company, named Pervoye Rossiiskoye Tovarishchestvo Vozdukhoplavaniya S.S. Shchetinin after its principal founder, was established in St. Petersburg. A collaborator in the enterprise was another pioneer, the designer Y. M. Hakkel, and about 1912-1913 the company was joined by the later renowned D. P. Grigorovich. First built Farman and Bleriot type aircraft, but after Grigorovich joined began to specialize in marine aircraft. First was the M-1 flying-boat of 1913, generally of Donnet-Leveque type. M-5 of 1915 was a trainer and reconnaissance type built for the Imperial Navy. About 500 examples of the larger and higher-powered M- 9 of 1915-1916 were built. Later construction included the M-11 single-seat fighter flying-boat; and the larger M-15 and M-20 reconnaissance aircraft.