Sablatnig Flugzeugbau GmbH

Austrian Josef Sablatnig experimented and flew before First World War. Moved to Germany and in 1913 became a director of Union Flugzeugwerke GmbH, where he did technical work and flying. When Union company went into liquidation (1915) he founded Sablatnig Flugzeugbau GmbH in Berlin, famous for seaplanes used by German Navy but built other types also. SF1 floatplane (1915) developed into very successful SF2 (license-built by LFG and LVG); SF4 was single-seat fighter floatplane, built both as biplane and triplane; SF5 was widely used SF2 replacement; SF8 was last Sablatnig floatplane built in numbers (trainer of 1918). Landplanes included trainers, single engined night bombers, and a monoplane. N1 was two-seat land fighter used at Kiel. After war developed civil types, including P1 four-passenger biplane and P3 six passenger high-wing monoplane. One light sports type built, but aircraft work ceased 1921.