Parnall & Sons / George Pamall & Co / Parnall Aircraft Ltd
Parnall & Sons was a woodworking firm specialising in shopfitting and allied equipment in Bristol, UK, which built seaplanes in the First World War to War Office specifications. It was subsequently taken over by W. T. Avery and aircraft production was abandoned.
After the take-over of Parnall & Sons by W. T. Avery, George Parnall founded his own company with personnel from the former aircraft division of Parnall & Sons to continue aircraft manufacture under government contract.
The first product was the Puffin, a military central-float amphibian with a single Napier engine. It was followed by a wide variety of types including the Possum twin-engine triplane, Plover fighter, Pixie ultralight, Peto submarine-borne scout, and Elf light biplane. Built Hendy 302 monoplane for Henderson Aircraft Company in 1930. Parnall Aircraft Ltd. formed in 1935 to take over aircraft business and acquire patents, rights, etc. of aircraft armament firm Nash & Thompson Ltd and similar patents and rights of Hendy. Concerned with turrets and aircraft armament in Second World War; no longer produced aircraft.