Weir, G. & J. Ltd
This engineering firm of Cathcart, Glasgow, built Airco D.H.9 and RAF B.E.2c, B.E.2e and F.E.2b aircraft under subcontract during First World War. In 1930s built Autogiros under Cierva license; C.28/W-1 in 1933, W-2 in 1934, W-3 and W-4 in 1936. In 1937-1938 built and flew W-5 twin-rotor helicopter under Focke license, followed by W-6 of 1938-1939, world's first helicopter to carry a passenger. Outbreak of war ended development.