Valtion Lentokonetehdas / VL
Finnish State Aircraft Factory, created February 1928 from former IVL (Ilmailuvoimien Lentokonetehdas = Aviation Force Aircraft Factory) which, from its formation near Helsinki in 1921, had built Hansa-Brandenburg W.33 seaplanes and Caudron C 60 trainers under license for Finnish Air Force, plus the Finnish-designed Kotka maritime reconnaissance/bomber biplane. First VL product was the Saa'ski two-seat trainer, followed by license production of de Havilland Moths and Blackburn Ripons. After producing the Vima light trainer and Tuisku advanced training/ reconnaissance biplanes, the VL was reorganized in 1936 and moved to Tampere, where it produced Pyry monoplane trainers, Fokker C.X. biplanes, Fokker D.XXI fighters and Bristol Blenheim bombers under license. Next indigenous product was single-seat Myrsky fighter of 1942-1945. Became part of Valtion after Second World War.
2. The names of aircrafts of the State Aircraft Factory (Valtion Lentokonetehdas) since 1933 are different kind of winds. Therefore "Humu" means "Whirl".