The Transland Company was formed in 1946, designing and manufacturing components for North American aircraft, including the T6 Texan, P-51 Mustang, F-86 Sabre and the F-100 Super Sabre. A Division of Hi-Shear Rivet Tool Company, in 1951, Transland began producing spreading equipment, hopper doors and spray gear for agricultural aircraft and among these products was the Sellers Swathmaster, widely used on Cessna 180 and 185 aircraft, as well as Fletcher FU-24s and Piper Cubs.
Built Ag-1 agricultural research aircraft in about 1953, followed 1956 by Ag-2, using components from Vultee BT-13. Plans to build five Ag-2s in late 1950s thwarted.
By 1962, George Wing had moved on to the development of John Thorp’s little twin, which eventually became the Wing Derringer, and a few years later Conrad Barlow took over the assets of Transland, renaming the company the Transland Corporation and moving it to Harbour City in California.
Plans to build Ag-2s revived in 1965, but still none produced.