Thomas-Morse Aircraft Corp
Formed January 1917 at Ithaca, New York, from merger of Thomas Brothers Aeroplane Company and Morse Chain Company. Principal products during and after First World War were S-4 single-seat advanced training biplane and its S-5 seaplane version; MB-3 single-seat fighter; R-2 and Fi-5 Pulitzer Trophy racers of 1921-1922 and their unsuccessful MB-9 and MB-10 pursuit/training derivatives. Last aircraft produced were O-19 two-seat observation biplane and O-19-derived XO-932 sesquiplane of 1932. Development/production of these two continued after Thomas-Morse had been acquired in 1929 by Consolidated Aircraft Corporation.