Main Menu

Sportflugzeugbau Goppingen

The production of Schempp-Hirth gliders began in the municipal building yard in Göppingen where Martin Schempp founded the Sportflugzeugbau Göppingen (Sport Aircraft Göppingen) company in 1935. In 1938 the company moved to Kirchheim/Teck and employed more than 300 people during the war time.
The first serial gliders were the aerobatic single seat trainer GÖ-1 'WOLF' from Wolf Hirth and the renown GÖ-3 'Minimoa' as well as the two seat GÖ-4 from Wolfgang Hütter.

 

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.