Spartan Aircraft Co
Early in 1927 Spartan G-3 three-seat open-cockpit biplane was built by Mid-Continent Aircraft Company. Spartan Aircraft Co established 1928 at Tulsa, Oklahoma. Built C-3 with Ryan-Siemens engine. Continued to build biplanes but by 1931 was producing series of 4/5-seat cabin monoplanes; also low-wing side-by-side 2-seaters, further developed as C2-60. Spartan Executive 4/5-seat all-metal monoplane of 1936 converted in 1938 to Zeus 2-seat military type; a few of which supplied to China and Mexico. In 1940 U.S. Navy ordered 201 Spartan NP-1 biplane trainers for new Naval Reserve schools.