Main Menu

Cierva C.24 / C.26

 

Cierva-C24-1
De Havilland CIERVA C24

 

The C24 was built by de Havilland’s at Stag Lane and first flown in September 1931. It was modified in October 1931 to have a two-blade rotor in place of the three-blades fitted for the first flight and a dorsal fin.
 
It was certificated in April 1932 and extensively demonstrated that summer, having been re-designated the C26.
 
 Cievra-24-01
 
It was stored by the Science Museum until restored as the C.24 by the Mosquito Museum on loan from the Science Museum.

 

Cierva-C24-2
De Havilland CIERVA C24

 

Engine: de Havilland Gipsy III, 120 hp
Rotor diameter: 34 ft
Length: 18 ft 9 in
AUW: 1800 lb
Max speed: 115 mph

 

 

 

 


Copyright © 2019 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.