An experimental winged autogiro, and the first Soviet autogiro testbed used for systematic study of all construction elements on the design stage, as well as flight performance. It was built in the beginning of 1931. Designed by V. A. Kuznetsov, heading a group of engineers. It had a four-bladed rotor and the engine drove a two-bladed airscrew.
Chrome-molibdenium steel tubes were used for the kingpost and rotor blades spars. Fuselage frame and engine cradle - steel tube frame, wing - wooden. Cover of EA-2 was all-over fabric.
2-EA was a successful aircraft, and after fulfilling the trial program it was transferred to special propaganda aviagroup named after writer Maxim Gorkij.