Main Menu

Zeppelin Viktoria Luise
 
DELAG, the Deutsche Luftschiffahrts-Aktiengessellscaft, was funded in part by the Hamburg-Amerika Shipping Company and from money raised by those cities involved in the undertaking. Each city, in addition, provided ‘aerial harbours’; erecting airship sheds at their own expense to house the fleet of airships. Although no scheduled passenger services ensured, excursion flights of several hours’ duration at 100 Marks per head proved popular to Germans and foreigners alike over the four years of operation.
 
The first airship destined for service was the LZ-7 Deutschland. Following this in the years preceding the war came the airships LZ-10 Schwaben, Sachsen, Viktoria Luise and the Hansa, which between them carried over 35,000 fare-paying passengers in 1588 flights, covering 170,000 miles without serious mishap.
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2019 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.