Main Menu

Russian Empire airship VI Oktyabr
 
RussOktyabr
 
The second Russian airship was “VI October", which was built of makeshift materials in 1923 by students of higher forces aeronautical school located in St. Petersburg. The envelope of 1,700 cubic meters was sewn from old tethered balloons. The total length of the airship was 39.2 m and width 8,2 m. The engie was 77 kW.
 
The first flight of the airship was on November 27, 1923, lasting for about 30 minutes. A second flight, on 29 November lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes and reached a height of 900 meters. After that flying was stopped because of the very high gas permeability of the membrane.

 

 

 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.