Main Menu

Gribovski G-13
 
The Gribovski G-13 (Russian: Грибовский Г-13) was a 1933 lightened version of the successful G-9 competition glider. Gribovski achieved a reduction of 64 kg in relation to the previous glider.
 
The G-13 glider essentially repeated the G-9. It was a monoplane with a high-wing, braced to the fuselage by struts.
The wing had a double box-shaped internal structure that ran parallel throughout the entire span. At the rear of the wing there was an auxiliary stringer to which the ailerons were attached. The wing composition featured removable rectangular shaped consoles in the central section and elliptical ends. The centroplane was fixed to a central pile of the fuselage structure using screws and was braced by means of a pair of uprights located on each side and fixed to the fuselage structure in the lower section of the gunwales. These uprights were constructed of wood, and they were quite light.
 
Unlike the G-9, the entire wing was covered with fabric, without the characteristic Gribovski plywood sheets. In this way, a much lighter and simpler wing was achieved. The total weight of the wing was only 45 kg and with the upright structure it reached 51 kg (the relative weight per square meter did not exceed 3.5). This lightness brought about a deficiency: the wing was not very resistant to torsion, which would be solved in the improved version G-13bis, which reinstated the use of plywood covering up to the position of the second spar.
 
The entire leading edge was covered with 1mm plywood sheets, up to the second spar. The rest of the wing and ailerons were covered with fabric. The wing design used the TsAGI R-II profile proposed by PP Krasilschikov.
 
The fuselage had a semi-monocoque structure with 12 frames and plywood covering between 1.5 and 2 mm thick. The lower part of the fuselage featured a ski-shaped landing gear. This ski did not belong to the fuselage structure, but was fixed externally and had air suspension using a bicycle tube.
 
The tail unit featured a medium-sized empennage forming an integral structure with the fuselage. The horizontal planes were linked by a tube-shaped axis that allowed them to rotate together. The leading edge of the empennage and the horizontal planes were also covered with plywood. The rudders were covered with fabric.
 
The pilot was located in an open cockpit located in front of the wing leading edge, protected by a celluloid windshield. It sat on a board attached directly to the forward frames of the fuselage. The flight control was carried out by means of two pedals and the control stick. The elevator rudders were regulated by an independent tensioner.
 
The G-13 prototype finished being built in 1933, first flying in the September. In that same year it would participate successfully in the IX edition of the National Gliding Competitions.
 
In the G-13 glider, the pilot BI Kimmelman made a long-distance flight back to the starting point where he managed to reach 46 km and another open 71 km.
 
In 1934 the G-13bis version appeared, characterized by an increase in the wingspan and a reinforced structure. The weight of this version grew from 86 to 112 kg. The OSOVIAJIM OSOVIAJIM Glider Factory produced at least two copies of this version, which took part in the X National Gliding Competitions held in Koktebel. Although the G-13 was considered was an excellent glider for primary training, its construction was not continued, since the decision to mass produce the "Upar" glider of OK Antonov had already made.
 
G-13
Wingspan: 12.1 m
Wing area: 12.8 m²
Length: 5.37 m
Height: 1.42 m
Empty weight: 86 kg
Elevator area: 1.50 m²
Rudder surface area: 0.8
Ailerons area: 1.72
Wing loading: 12.9 kg / m²
Glide ratio: 17
Accommodation: 1
 
 Grib-G13
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2021 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.