Main Menu

Gribovski G-6
 
 Gribovski-G6
 
The Gribovski G-6 (Russian: Грибовский Г-6) was designed as a record-setting glider taking into account the theoretical principles that established the superiority of the high wing for the glider's flight conditions.
 
The G-6 was built entirely of wood. The G-6 glider differed from its predecessor G-2 fundamentally in the location of the cantilever wing in a high position behind the cockpit.
 
Its fuselage was covered with birch planks and featured an oval cross section and landing gear with a central ski.
 
The tail was of the conventional monoplane type, and maintained the high-rise tail of the G-2 glider.
 
The G-6 glider was painted dark cherry-red and in its bow section, on the left gunwale, an eagle was painted in flight with its wings spread.
 
The construction of the G-6 was started at the school in Orenburg in the winter of 1928 and by September of that year the glider could be successfully presented to the V National Sailing Competitions. At the end of the competitions, the G-6 was handed over to the Sinferópol Flight School.
 
A year later, in 1929, the G-6 would participate together with the G-2 and the G-7 in the VI competitions.
 
Despite showing acceptable results, the new scheme did not report noticeable advantages and for this reason this glider did not have a further development.
 
After long enough use the G-6 glider was damaged. It is known that its builder kept the piece of coating with the drawing of the eagle among his personal belongings for a long time.
 
G-6
Wingspan: 13.00 m
Wing area: 13.00 m²
Length: 5.00 m
Horizontal plane surface: 1.6 m²
Vertical plane surface: 0.7 m²
Spoiler area: 1.4 m²
Empty weight: 101 kg
Wing loading: 14 kg / m²
Glide ratio: 20
Accommodation: 1
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2021 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.