Leonard Motorless Aircraft Glider
Billed as the first two seat glider to enter production, the 1930 Leonard Motorless Aircraft Company glider of 1930 was designed by graduate aeronautical engineers to meet the requirements of the US Dept of Conmmerce.
The entire fuselage is constructed of steel tubing, welded at all joints and with bals wood inside. The wings are cloth covered and braced with spruce ribs.
Able to be flown from either seat with dual controls fitted, the glider was for sale in 1930 for $550.
Wingspan: 34 ft
Wing chord: 5 ft
Aspect ratio: 6.8
Empty weight: 210 lb
Landing speed: 19 mph
Auto tow ROC: 800 fpm
Glide ratio: 15-1