Main Menu

Blackburn Sidecar


black_sidecar


The Blackburn Sidecar was a two-seat side-by-side ultra-light aircraft powered by one 40-hp ABC Gnat 2-cylinder engine. It was built by the Blackburn Aeroplane & Motor Co at Brough, West Yorks, in 1919. Only one was built (G-EALN), and was owned by a certain K. M. Smith. It was exhibited at Harrods, London during March 1919, afterwards being sold to Haydon-White, whereupon it was re-engined with a 100-hp Anzani engine in 1921.

Wingspan 27 ft 3 in
Length 20 ft 6 in
Empty weight 123 lb
Maximum speed 83 mph

 

black-side

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.