Main Menu

Weidmann Flying Tank
 
 Wiedman-tank-01
 
In 1910 brothers George and Edward Wiedman of the (George) Weidmann Body & Trailer Co built a single place, open cockpit, mid-wing monoplane.
 
Powered by an automobile engine, it was all-steel, including rolled-steel wing covering with folding wings and cruciform tail surfaces supported by a big ball-shaped universal joint.
 
 Wiedman-tank-02
 
It was probably built in 1918, even though Aerofiles and a magazine article give the date as 1910, which might be explained by a statement that the brothers had spent ten years developing the plane.
 
It was reportedly flown in April 1918 by a pilot by the name of "Dare Devil" Mills.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2021 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.