Main Menu

Walden IV

walden-mono

 

Built by Dr. Henry W Walden in 1910, the Walden IV was similar to III, but with 40hp Hall-Scott and ailerons. The Model IV really flew on 3 August 1910 to become the first successful US-designed and -built monoplane, and the first US craft to be licensed by FAI and Aero Club of America.
 
Reportedly III and IV went to Dyott when the partnership broke up in 1911 and were sold in South America; Walden retained the hangar and inventory.

 

 

 

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.