Main Menu

Vickers 284 Warwick

vick-warwick


The Warwick was a slightly enlarged version of the Wellington and employed the same geodetic form of construction. It was designed originally to Specification B. 1/35 to replace the Wellington. But because the generation of four-engined bombers was also being produced at the same time, it was subsequently adapted for reconnaissance duties with Coastal Command and first went into service in 1943. Other models were built for transport and air-sea rescue duties. The final version, the GR.V, entered service in 1945 and carried bombs, mines or depth-charges. About 840 production Warwicks were built.

Warwick GR Mk.II

Engines: 2 x Bristol "Centaur VI", 1864kW / 2466 hp
Max take-off weight: 23247 kg / 51251 lb
Empty weight: 14118 kg / 31125 lb
Wing load: 51.05 lb/sq.ft / 249.0 kg/sq.m
Wingspan: 29.48 m / 96 ft 9 in
Wing area: 1006.003 sq.ft / 93.46 sq.m
Length: 20.88 m / 68 ft 6 in
Height: 5.64 m / 18 ft 6 in
Max. speed: 228 kts / 422 km/h / 262 mph
Service ceiling: 5790 m / 19000 ft
Range: 3460 km / 2150 miles
Bombload: 6900kg
Crew: 6

vick-warwar-ld
Vickers 284 Warwick



 

 


Copyright © 2017 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.