Main Menu

Templeton-McMullen 1911 biplane
 
 Templton-1911
 
The Templeton-McMullen biplane was the first flying machine to have been built and flown in Vancouver, Canada. It was was built by William McMullen and William Templeton, assisted by Winston Templeton, brother of William . It was completed in April, 1911, and initial trials were made at Minoru Park race-track, Lulu Island. In April and May of 1911, it managed to make a few short hops - the longest being 260 feet - but it was limited by its under-powered 35 hp 3-cylinder Humber engine. The machine eventually came to grief by crashing into the railing of the race-track. It was intended to rebuild it and fit it with pontoons, but the plane was unfortunately destroyed by a factory fire.
 
 
 
 


Copyright © 2020 all-aero. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.