Of similar construction to the F.E.3, the F.E.6 was built in 1914 and was powered by a 120hp Austro-Daimler six-cylinder water-cooled engine. Standard R.E.5 components were used for the wings, which were of equispan, and the tail unit was carried on a cantilever boom, without bracing wires.
The F.E.6 was flown at Farnborough on 14 November 1914 but this may have been its only flight, and, if fitted, the COW gun that it was designed to carry was not fired.
Engine: 1 x 120-h.p. Austro-Daimler
Wingspan: 15.03 m / 49 ft 4 in
Length: 8.99 m / 30 ft 6 in
Height: 4.57 m / 15 ft 0 in
Wing area: 50.35 sq.m / 541.96 sq ft
Max take-off weight: 1193 kg / 2630 lb
Empty weight: 907 kg / 2000 lb
Royal Aircraft Factory F.E.6